So, not too long ago I sat in on a break-away workshop discussing small businesses in incubators and the whole business development hub movement that has become quite popular. And frankly, I was stunned and little bit saddened by what I heard.
Granted, that sadness probably changed to anger and annoyance pretty quick.
The majority of the wanna-preneurs in the room lacked a basic ingredient that is essential to starting and growing a business. HUSTLE.
They would rather complain about the lack of funding government is giving. Or focus on what business hubs and incubators are doing wrong with their selection process.
Is it worth dragging business leaders, real entrepreneurs and thought leaders into a room only to throw a Pitty-Party?
Blaming them for why your business is not succeeding.
Let me answer that for you. No it is not!
If you are focused on the right things:
1. Adding value to your customers.
2. Adding value to your team or building a team if you don't have one yet.
3. Creating products and services that will drive home that value.
4. Developing systems and processes that make it easier to do your jobs.
5. Marketing. Because nobody knows your business better than you.
Those problems, those discussions are worth having and worth bringing people together.
Time; Is the greatest equalizer. It is also your greatest asset. Don't waste it on things you have no power to change.
STAY HUMBLE & HUSTLE HARD.