I love listening to interviews and I listen to a lot of them. You can learn a wealth of information just by listening to a discussion between two people. (I guess that's why Oprah is rich!)
Drake really paints a good picture of what the new music business model looks like for indie artists that are at the top of their game.
Here are some of my take aways (Lessons Learnt) from the interview I recently watched between Drake and Hip Hop journalist Elliott Wilson. I would hate you to miss these gems because your phone rang or your ex posted a new picture on Facebook or something silly like that.
So here it is!
1. I don't know what it is about the number 2 but it seems to be the magic number for a writing team. Between Drake and Noah 40 they can take a song from idea stage to final product within a matter of days. Like John Lennon & Paul McCartney, or Elton John & Bernie Taupin. They are a modern day song writing team.
2. Noah 40 suffers from MS (Multiple Sclerosis). He still puts in the work needed to succeed... What's your excuse?
3. They had a sold out event for a interview! That is Bad Ass
4. They focused internally crafting their sound. Shaping their team before the world heard of Drake or OVO.
5. It doesn't matter where you come from, if you find like minded people nurture that relationship.
6. The Internet is an amazing tool. It gives you direct access to the people. And they are what matter most. Use it! The Internet can make or break your career.
7. Have fun with what you are doing. Right now will near come again. Live in the moment more, enjoy what you are doing creating your art, otherwise what's the point.